The World Best 20 Volleyball Academies In 2022
If you want to be a good volleyball coach or player, you should invest in your development. Volleyball academies are a great opportunity for you. Academies around the world will provide you the chance to learn and get inspired by many volleyball coaches. Are you considering a very successful career in volleyball?
There are various volleyball academies in the state where you can not only further your academics but also learn all it takes to be a very good volleyball player.
However, below are the best volleyball academies you could possibly attend in the state. If you are a guardian and looking through for academies for your ward, you should also consider these.
What are Volleyball Academies?
A volleyball academy is a school for young players to receive proper volleyball training while learning important life lessons in responsibility, preparedness, and teamwork.
The academy prepares players with the physical and mental skills they need to be better athletes, overcome obstacles, and achieve their goals, both on and off the court.
Academies provide a training environment for all skill levels to develop volleyball aptitude, build confidence, and most importantly, have fun.
Why Attend a Volleyball Academy?
There are a lot of reasons why people attend volleyball academies.
- The mastery of teamwork– When you attend a volleyball academy, it is ensured that you would learn the importance of teamwork. In no other sport, is the importance of teamwork great than in volleyball. In a volleyball academies and volleyball in general, teams are not capable of reaching high levels unless everyone is contributing. The purpose of most of the training in volleyball is to fine tune the interaction among teammates. Going to a volleyball academy would not only teach you this, but also help you to master it.
- Socialize and meet new friends– Like in every academy, one of the benefits is getting to meet new people. Going to a volleyball academy is a really a great way to meet new friends. When players learn to trust each other on the court, these bonds carry over off the court as well, and often times last for a lifetime. This is an added advantage because the game would bring you and others together.
- Values imbibed in you- In a volleyball academy, you would have access to teachers, tutors and coaches who have seen the world on a larger scale. You would be taught the value of risk taking and breaking down limits. In practice and in games, aggressive and fearless attitudes are encouraged. In a volleyball academy, you would also be taught the importance of goal setting and hard work. Whether it is individual goals or team goals, players immediately find the value in goal setting and working hard on achieving these goals.
- Sportsmanship- In a volleyball academy, you would be taught the value of sportsmanship in a way most persons would not understand. The volleyball community is a tight knit group, and the respect and admiration for opponents is very high because of this common bond of this sport. Players learn to compete with high levels of sportsmanship.
Who Can Attend Volleyball Academies?
A volleyball academy is a school put in place to help teenagers in perfecting their skills in playing volleyball. If you’ve got a passion for playing and are very willing to learn, then you can comfortably attend a volleyball academy.
Most Academies require that you are up to 16 years of age, and asides from the entrance exam for getting into an academy, you would also be required to show your skill and determination in learning the game.
If the passion for volleyball exists in you, consider attending a volleyball academy.
Which Body Accredits Volleyball Academies?
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and Academies (usually accredits most volleyball academies)(SACSCOCA). Some others are accredited by Academic School and College Preparatory Program, which is certified by the NCAA.
What Should I Expect From Volleyball Academies?
In a volleyball academy, you would be expected to practice constantly. This would enable you to master the game and all the tactics involved.
How Long Are Volleyball Academies?
For a boarding volleyball academy, it is usually Mondays through Fridays for a maximum of one year. For a non-boarding volleyball academy, on the other hand, the amount of time differs. The schedule is, however, like-
- Saturday afternoon and Sunday off. Scheduled and Supervised Activities.
- Schedules may vary week to week
- Mental and Fitness Sessions Weekly
- Tournaments – most tournaments within 45 min. of Club Med (Available most every week)
- Saturday afternoon and Sunday off. Scheduled and Supervised Activities
How Do You Join Volleyball Academies?
Below is a step-by-step process to join volleyball academies
- An initial consultation is scheduled with the college coordinator to get the ball rolling
- You would then enroll in the program
- The coordinator will then send you a Personal Information Questionnaire that starts the process of evaluating the player
- Information from that Questionnaire is reviewed and an Action Plan is developed
- Then the Coordinator sets a time schedule for routinely scheduled meetings
- The student, in consultation with the Coordinator, is given assignments and deadlines by which to complete the assignments
- Final selection is made
- Applications are submitted
- Acceptances are announced
How Much Does Volleyball Academies Cost?
$84,400 is usually the estimated cost yearly for a boarding student.
$67,400 is usually the estimated cost for a day student
Which Programs Are Offered At Volleyball Academies?
In a volleyball academy, some of the programs offered are-
- Skill Development
- Strategic Comprehension
- Mental Awareness
- Athletic Nutrition
- Strength and Conditioning
List Of The Top 20 Volleyball Academies In The World.
1. Greater Melbourne Volleyball Academy (GMVA)
GMVA, or the Great Melbourne Volleyball Academy, is the leading volleyball Academy in Australia, having nine different training squads to reflect the athlete’s different needs throughout their development.
Each training squad has its own head & assistant coach that focuses on the skill and physical development that is needed at that age group and skill level.
This method makes sure that no matter what age or level you play at with GMVA you will be around other players at or slightly above your skill level.
GMVA offers an 11 month per year training cycle covering both beach and indoor volleyball with a focus on strength and conditioning and core control.
The aim is not just to improve volleyball skills but also to strengthen the athlete’s bodies and ready them for playing more volleyball at a higher level all within our very positive training environment.
2. KVA Future Stars Volleyball Academy
This academy for volleyball has been set out to deliver a professional and safe indoor volleyball training experience, nurturing boys and girls of all skill levels between the ages of 8 and 17 years old. The programs at this academy are always designed for teaching, training, and playing.
Also, they teach and train the students to master their basic skills of indoor volleyball. It is located in Keysborough Secondary College & Carwatha College.
NVA is an elite volleyball program created to train motivated individuals to compete at a higher level of volleyball and to excel as overall athletes.
3. Maribyrnong Sports Academy
The Maribyrnong Sports Academy is a part of Maribyrnong College, a Victorian Government State High School.
MSA provides elite junior volleyball players with a training program specifically designed to assist each individual in their pathway towards State, National, and International representation while completing a normal curriculum education.
The focus of the academy is to develop players’ technical and decision-making skills and their understanding of game strategies in both Indoor and Beach Volleyball.
Also, the Maribyrnong Sports Academy volleyball program presents an integrated learning environment that incorporates an athlete’s development program, athlete services in physical preparation, performance and video analysis, Sports Psychology, and Sports Medicine.
4. Melbourne Eastern Institute of Volleyball (MEIV)
This undoubtedly is the leading volleyball academy in Australia. They have around 7 different training groups that monitor different needs throughout their development. The best thing about this academy is the fact that each group has its own head & assistant coach.
Also, this method helps to ensure that every individual and every group is trained in the best possible manner. They have highly qualified coaches having represented Australia at some level.
5. Northern Volleyball
NVA is an elite volleyball program created to train motivated individuals to compete at a higher level of volleyball and to excel as overall athletes. The programs at this academy are always designed for teaching, training, and playing. They teach and train the students to master their basic skills of indoor volleyball.
6. South East Region Volleyball Academy (SERVA)
SERVA is committed to providing players of all ages and abilities in the South-East Region the opportunity to participate, learn and enhance their skills in a progressive learning environment. The aim of the academy is to promote volleyball in a fun and rewarding atmosphere, providing each participant with certificates of completion at each level of development. It is located in Westall Secondary College, Clayton South.
7. Western Region Volleyball
WRV provides a fun and educational environment when teaching children to learn to love playing volleyball. We have over 10 years of experience in delivering clinics to primary and secondary schools.
8. Admiral Farragut Academy
Admiral Farragut Academy accepts local day students entering Kindergarten-12th grade and international boarding students entering 8th-12th grade or their postgraduate year.
To all of its students, the Academy provides a globally diverse student experience, comprehensive academic structure, and strong character and leadership development.
9. Ashbury College-
Ashbury College is a leading independent school for boys and girls in Grades 4 to 12. Located in Ottawa, Canada, Ashbury’s mission is to inspire students in a dynamic learning environment as intellectually curious, compassionate, and responsible global citizens.
Moreso, the college is an IB World School with students from over 60 countries, an average class size of 17, and a university cement rate of 100%.pla
10. Asheville School
At Asheville School, you’ll live and learn with students from all over the world. Students arrive here from sixteen states and eighteen countries, bringing a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and talents.
Away from home and needing to rely on your own judgment, you’ll develop a strong character and gain essential life skills at Asheville School that you’ll carry with you the rest of your life.
Whatever goals you aspire to, you’ll have a caring community that will know you, support you, and encourage you, and will do everything possible to help you succeed.
11. Berkshire School
Berkshire School is a co-ed boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12 and post-graduates. The 400-acre campus is located at the base of Mount Everett (2,624 ft.) in Sheffield, Massachusetts, in the heart of the Berkshire Hills, a popular tourist destination for world-renowned arts and culture, health and wellness retreats, and spectacular nature, including the Appalachian Trail, which is a short hike from campus.
By design, every student makes an impact at Berkshire. No student is anonymous. Everyone knows everyone—from faculty and staff to new students and graduating seniors.
12. Blair Academy
Blair Academy is a coeducational, boarding, and day school for students in high school. The school serves students from ninth through twelfth grades as well as a small post-graduate class. The school’s campus is situated on 463 acres (1.87 km2) in Blairstown Township, in rural Warren County, New Jersey, United States, approximately 60 miles (97 km) west of New York City.
13. Brandon Hall School-
Our mission as a co-educational, global boarding and day school challenges students to lead lives of leadership, scholarship, and service. Our community celebrates learning, fosters global citizenship, embraces diversity, encourages athleticism and artistic expression, and inspires students to find their path and lead the way.
14. Brooks School
Brooks School is a private, co-educational, preparatory, secondary school in North Andover, Massachusetts on the shores of Lake Cochichewick.
15. The Cambridge School of Weston
A leader among America’s progressive independent schools, The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been at the forefront of educational innovation since 1886. At CSW, creative, motivated students embrace challenging work and address complex questions with curiosity and courage. Inspired by the diverse perspectives and high expectations of our justice-minded community, they find and develop what is extraordinary in themselves and in the world around them.
16. Camden Military Academy
Camden Military Academy (CMA) is a private, all-male, military boarding school located in Camden, South Carolina, United States. The State of South Carolina has recognized the institution as the official state military academy of South Carolina. Camden Military Academy accepts male students in grades 7 through 12, also offering a post-graduate year.
17. Cate School
Cate School is a selective, coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in the 9th through 12th grades located in Carpentaria, California, eleven miles from Santa Barbara. The school has a current enrollment of 270 students from 31 different states and 18 foreign countries.
18. East Bay Volleyball Academy – USA
It is USA Volleyball (USAV) and Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) sanctioned club. This academy runs camps and clinics all year long. They cover introductory sessions for all ages, to the best level team, from small group training to individual training. This academy has something for everyone. They have some of the best facilities across the America and some of the very best coaches and trainers to train with. From correcting individual techniques to the match tactics, they seem to cover them all.
19. Elite Volleyball Academy- Dubai
This is one of the best in the region of the Middle East. It offers a great experience which has some of the best coaches in the business. They train athletes in the most modern ways and have great infrastructure. This academy covers best training methods, nutrition as well as the mental aspects of the game. It provides the best club volleyball experience for youth and junior level athletes.
20. Amerigo Chicago North Shore Carmel Catholic High School
Carmel Catholic High School and international student partner Amerigo Chicago North Shore provide a nurturing and challenging learning environment, with all the exciting opportunities of a nearby major metropolis. Amerigo Chicago North Shore Carmel Catholic High School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools)
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What skills do I need before enrolling in a volleyball academy?
You need to be able to pass to your target, serve a ball, hit, and mostly, have a positive attitude.
How do I prevent injury whilst in a volleyball academy?
Perform a warm-up consisting of stretching and light aerobic activity prior to play, participate in a comprehensive training program including flexibility, strength training, jump training, speed, and agility drills, and endurance training, wear appropriate shoe wear with skid-resistant soles, use good technique, clean off the courts before play. Look for slippery spots if playing indoors and look for debris if playing outdoors in the sand or grass, allow for adequate recovery, stay hydrated.
How do I know the best volleyball academy for me?
Most volleyball academies offer the same program. Go through the list and find one that suits your taste.
Must I attend a volleyball academy to be a successful player?
No. but attending one might be the boost you need.
How strenuous is a volleyball academy?
The volleyball academy has the aim of making you a very good volleyball player. If you have a love for the game, it won’t seem strenuous to you at all.
Attending a volleyball academy could be the right boost you need to start a really successful career in volleyball. Take the chance, what could you possibly lose.
- 2022 Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) Scholarship
- List of 17 Best Free Online Breastfeeding Classes in 2022
- How much do firefighters get paid for their job?
- Introduction to Desktop Publishing, Definition, Selection, and Use
- Top 8 (Eight) Best Universities In Australia
The World Best 20 Volleyball Academies In 2022